After my last dollhouse assembly I took some time off to appreciate my renovated sewing room. But this little kit called to me with the fresh, green feel. Plus, this is the only kit with two floors that I've seen that is supposed to be viewed from all four sides.
If only I had known to dark path ahead...
I didn't take many assembly photos, but here are the small accessories:
So we're gonna skip to the finished photos. Enjoy them in this form, because the problems with this house in real life have soured my enthusiasm for this model.
1) The fabric for the couch shows ALL glue. Would have been nice to know beforehand...
2) The order in which the house is wired means that by design there is a chunk of wires exposed on the living room wall.
3) Some of the wires were too short to twist together, and pulled apart after the house was together.
4) Gluing and placing the stairs as the instructions stated made it nearly impossible to keep level.
5) The living room chandelier was impossible to glue straight, and it snapped apart several times before I got it glued up.
6) And finally THERE WAS NO BATHROOM IN THE DESIGN. (?!?!?!????!!!)
I did some redesigning of my own and after scouring the internet for a single listing of a 1/24th scale non-Victorian toilet a bathroom was installed. See the captions below for details.
The best pictures I added a filter to and posted on Instagram. Enjoy the slideshow without captions. The electric lights never did work properly, so I may tear all the wires out someday and just enjoy this as a non-lit house.
Twins each with half a brain in reality; the other half displayed here!