When you find a good pattern, I don't think there's any shame in making it in multiple fabrics and versions.
This particular pattern happens to be Butterick 6209, a dress pattern, shortened to a tunic top. I'd already made the pattern out of green linen (and given it to my sister), and light blue cotton shirting, which I dip-dyed the bottom half in a darker blue. Both dresses were flattering and easy-to-wear.
I picked up this blue chambray with gold foil arrows, and I knew I wanted to make a top I could take with me on a tropical vacation. After tossing around a few ideas, I decided to go with a tried-and-true pattern.
I will say, with all the times I've made this pattern, I've stitched up the front opening a few inches above the last button, for my own modesty and comfort. If you are thinking about trying this pattern, I would advise you that the things to focus on are getting the front vertical pleats neat and even, and on making sure the bottom of the front placket will lie flat without puckering anywhere.
The top turned out to be great for traveling - nice enough that I didn't feel underdressed anywhere, but comfortable and easy to pack - and not at all out of place on a beach on Maui!
Twins each with half a brain in reality; the other half displayed here!